1.21.2015

Yarn Storage: Organizing and Storing Cotton Yarn in a Cardboard Box

I've been crocheting a lot lately. I have been receiving orders and some experiments to complete. I am also working on new patterns as I want to move a step further. During this process of learning, creating and experimenting, I got a huge collection of yarn (well, I still need more ;) ) 

In one of my previous post, I showed how to turn an old cardboard box to a storage box. I also used one of them to store my yarns (a part of it. It has now tripled, Yippeee !!! ). You can find the how-to here and how I used the boxes here.

I have certain yarns smaller in size (50g each) that are 100% cotton. {Laura Knitting Cotton} that I purchased from Pony Craft Store. You can purchase them online as well. Now that I have a few of them, I was thinking of a separate storage for them since I do not want them to be mixed with other bigger yarns. This is what I ended up with. A simple, cute and colorful Cotton Yarn Storage.

Yarn Storage: Organizing and Storing Cotton Yarn in a Cardboard Box




On my visit to Doha during November, I purchased a beautiful looking storage box from Daiso. Pink obviously attracted me. I got this one for something else, but I ended up storing my colorful yarns in it. This is how it looks like. Cute, isn't it??? :) 

It has a label holder in front, a cute polka dot lid and a pink striped base. 

Organizing and Storing Cotton Yarn in a Cardboard Box
[Front View]

It also has 'Special fantasy' written on its side. :)

Organizing and Storing Cotton Yarn in a Cardboard Box
[Side view]

Another view of the box and that is my Daily Planner Ring Binder on the table. You can find the post about it here.

[Another side view]

I have arranged my yarns neatly based on colors {Whites, creams, yellows, pinks, green, brown,...}
Now I have a little more of them :)

Organizing and Storing Cotton Yarn in a Cardboard Box
[My yarns neatly organized]

To make use of the label holder, I cut a small piece of paper to fit the holder and wrote 'Crochet Cotton Yarn' and placed it inside the holder. You can either print and cut the label. 

Organizing and Storing Cotton Yarn in a Cardboard Box
[Label Holder]

If you do not have a box, you can make one yourself and wrap it up using your favourite pattern paper. 

You can find a round-up of how cardboard boxes are used for storage solution here.

I am very happy with my storage box since it looks cute on the outside and colorful on the inside :) Simple and easy way to organize your yarn.

Do you have any other idea of yarn storage? Please share them on the comments below. Share how you store your yarn.




No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking time to stop by. I would love if you leave some inspiring comments about the post. To avoid spam and unwanted users from leaving a comment, your comment will be verified and posted in sometime. Thank you :)