9.12.2016

5 things I do everyday to keep my home clean and organized + free daily / weekly cleaning checklist

Being a blogger and a solopreneur, might sometimes makes things difficult for me. I get caught up with crochet orders, updating my blog, planning new things or ideas, cleaning my home, cooking and a lot more. I guess you all might relate to this exact scenario. Handling a blog, your business and a home sounds difficult. But believe me, for those still finding this a tedious task, we are definitely meant for more and can handle multiple tasks in a clear and organized fashion. We've got this girls. We are born with this talent of multi-tasking and it only needs to be implemented and perfected.

One way I keep my home clean is by taking a set of tasks and doing it everyday, so that I don't find myself in a clutter by the end of the week and doubling my time for cleaning and household activities. Doing this saves me so much time and effort and I can concentrate on my blogging and business as well.

5 things I do everyday to keep my home clean and organized + free daily / weekly cleaning checklist


So lets see what 5 things I do everyday to keep my Home clean (and maybe next week, I will post on the things I do everyday to organize and plan my business and blogging activities, the entrepreneur side of me).

1. De-clutter 

I begin by folding my sheets, putting away old clothes, de-cluttering every space (home office, rooms and possibly organizing the things where they are intended to be). This way making the place look neat already. 


2. Dust / Clean

Once, the place looks a little tidy, I start by dusting the corners, windows/grills, if dirty then the ceilings, desk, other furnitures, etc.


3. Sweep/Vacuum

Once all the dust is on the floor, I sweep simultaneously re-checking the space once again for dust. You can even vacuum you space and sofa. 


I can never ever think or work in a cluttered space. Only after these tasks, I feel relaxed, fresh and begin my work. 


4. Clean Kitchen counters and stove

Once cooking is done, at the end of the day, I clean the stove using wet cloth or soapy microfiber (to prevent oil or any residue to stick , which later makes it difficult to clean), followed by cleaning the entire kitchen counter (or just the space that you have used). This part definitely brings a smile on my face to see the granite counter sparkle and clean. :)


5. Wash dishes

Once I am done with counters, I finally wash the utensils. I never keep my dishes for the next day. It feels like a burden when I see the dishes undone the next morning. Unless I am sick, I try to complete this task the same night. :) 


This might sound like a lot for few, but by doing this everyday, helps reduce a lot more time spending on cleaning, especially if you work. And you don't have to worry if some guests suddenly drops by. :) Put on your cleaning hats and get going :) 


5 things I do everyday to keep my home clean and organized + free daily / weekly cleaning checklist


I also have a simple and yet effective free printable waiting for you. It is a Daily Cleaning Checklist (room-wise : partially filled) and a Weekly Cleaning Checklist (unfilled). You can download the PDF from the links above or from here and here. They are to be printed on US Letter size paper.

Plan your entire cleaning schedule for each day that week, clean and organize your home in the most simple and beautiful way. 

Happy organizing everyone. :) 


Are you a solopreneur like me? What is your cleaning schedule and how do you keep up maintaining your home and business? Do let me know in the comment section below. 


11 comments:

  1. These are great tips and thanks for the printable. Pinned!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is just what I need! I let the house get out of hand sometimes because work/blog take up all of my time. I need to get into the habit of just doing a little every day instead of leaving it and having to do a huge clean up for a full day. Great post!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes Becki. 😊. Piling up the entire job makes it so difficult, whereas, dividing them into small portions and completing them each day, simplifies it. 💖

      Glad you liked it. Thank you.

      -Salma.

      Delete
  3. Ooh I definitely need these printables! Maybe if I see my list of things to do on a pretty page I'll be more likely to do them ;) haha

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Exactly 😊 Thats why I started creating pretty planners and printables for creative women like us. Thank you 😊💖 I'll be updating more printables. You can subscribe to the blog to get free access to all these. 😊

      Have a great day.

      -Salma

      Delete
  4. good list thank you very much!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks for you outline - I need to get better at "a little bit each day" -- I'm the person who lets the mess wait until Sunday and then I spend all day cleaning :(


    -Clarissa @ The View From Here

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're most welcome Clarissa. I know, I used to be the same before, but while my blog and business started growing, I found it real difficult to manage everything at once. I found this so much easier and a time and life saver 😊

      Delete
  6. My kids also put away any toys that are in their rooms every night before bed. If all of their toys have a "home" it makes it SO much easier! cleaning lady

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking time to stop by. I would love if you leave some inspiring comments about the post. To avoid spam and unwanted users from leaving a comment, your comment will be verified and posted in sometime. Thank you :)