My love for florals will never come to fade I guess. Looking at this post and the previous post you'll know why. :)
Before I can get into this post, I would definitely like to mention few things. I was into card making before, but when I found my love for crochet along the way, I slightly leaned towards crochet and blogging and wasn't much into cards or paper crafts. While browsing one day, I found these amazing crafters posting their creations in groups and their pages on handmade cards and the use of clear stamps. I was totally new to the concept of clear stamps, but they looked so beautiful and attractive and most importantly, Perfect. This is when I started browsing for more of such things and started checking for online stores selling Clear Stamps.
To my good fortune, one such company that make these clear stamps happened to participate in an Artisans Market in Chennai, and this is when I started planning my shopping list. A big shout out to Varshitha from Mudra Craft Stamps, an Indian based company that manufactures a vast variety of clear stamps that are gorgeous and yet affordable. She is such a humble and lovely human being and a crafter and she explained the technique so well, also Parul who assisted her. Thank you so much guys. :) I am really glad to have met you both.
I wanted to share with you guys, my first ever Floral Card using Stamping Technique using Ink Pads. It was really easy and fun to make this card and I loved it. Although I have quite a lot to learn, I am still happy with this first result of mine. :)
1. Stamp Sets:
- Botanical Blooms - Mudra Craft Stamps
- Sentiment Essentials - Mudra Craft Stamps
- Ultimate White Pigment Ink - VersaColor
- Juice Box - Lawn Fawn
- Cantouple - Memento
- Green - Memento
- Black - VersaColor
3. Cardstock [ 6" x 5" for card base, scrap pieces for sentiment, flowers and leaves]
4. Pattern Paper [ 6.5" x 6.5" for card base background, 1" x 3" for sentiment background ]
5. Double sided tape
8. Damp cloth / Wet wipes.
PROCEDURE / TECHNIQUE:
- Using scrap card-stock, stamp your flowers, leaves and sentiment.
- For single color technique:
2. Stamp 2nd layer with color onto the base, stamp again using white ink.
3. Stamp the final layer just once using the color of your choice.
- Cut the flowers, leaves and sentiment.
- Place the pattern paper behind sentiment card and add double sided tape.
- Attach double sided tape to the back of flowers as well.
- Attach the flowers, leaves and sentiment on to the 6" x 5" card-stock and stick the entire card onto the pattern paper cut.
I hope you guys liked it. Do let me know if you learn stamping and if you make a card or If you already know the technique, then please do share a link to your tutorial or send an image. I would love to see your creations.